Raja Tahir Masood - British Empire Medal
I am delighted to share with you that I am recipient
Queens Honour Award the British Empire Medal (BEM) for my service to young people in Peterborough for last 31 years.
HER Majesty the Queen has Award me an honour in recognition of my lifetime contributions with young people, which impacted the lives of thousands of young people by keeping them off Streets, away from Drugs, Crime, Anti-Social behaviour and instead I provided young people safe environment to participate in sports activities, offering them opportunities to take part in group discussions and gain new knowledge and skills. Young people greatly appreciate and respect me.
60th Year of Arrival in Peterborough
In April 2014, I organised six-week exhibition at the Peterborough Museum and later held a ten day exhibition in Peterborough Cathedral.
Both exhibitions were exceptionally well attended and successful. The exhibitions included 170 page A5 community heritage history in photographs book, A6 booklet with summary of the community heritage history in the city, displayed over a dozen individual profiles of variety of people from the community including original pioneers as well as new arrivals in our City, A DVD on Peterborough British-Pakistani community and displayed several smaller exhibits from Pakistan and Azad Kashmir.
This was the first ever exhibition of this kind held at the Peterborough Museum offered a unique opportunity to learn the heritage history of the British-Pakistani community.
According to the Museum large numbers of both primary and secondary schools pupils visited the exhibition and learnt about the Peterborough British-Pakistani community heritage history, I am immensely proud that I lead this project from start to finish.
Mayor Presenting a Gift
Peterborough City Mayor presented a special gift to Raja Tahir Masood in recognition of his heritage and cultural work in Peterborough City in 2004.
Publications by Raja Tahir Masood - BEM
1) Home from Home, the Autobiography of Raja Tahir Masood, published in October 2010 2)
2) The Heritage History of Peterborough British-Pakistani Community, published in October 2011
3) The Heritage History of Peterborough British-Pakistani, junior edition, published in Feb 2011
4) Rags to Riches (story of Mirpur), internet download, free available since 2012
5) Lives and Quotes of World Famous People, published in June 2013
6) The Heritage History of Peterborough British-Pakistani Community in pictures – celebrating 60th year of first Pakistani arrival in Peterborough, published in April 2014
7) The Heritage History of Peterborough British-Pakistani Community-celebrating 60th year of first Pakistan arrival in Peterborough in A6 size, published in April 2014
8) Serving Humanity, the Autobiography of Abdul Starr Butt, former Brent Mayor, published in July 2014
9) The Heritage History of Bainse Rajputs, published in November 2015 - First Edtion
10) The Heritage History of Bainse Rajputs Second Edition, published in November 2018
11) Parents Status in Islam A6 booklet if every things goes well this booklet will be delivered in May/June 2021
Author's Introduction - Raja Tahir Masood
I was born in a small village of Morah Bari in district Mirpur, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan. I migrated to Britain at the age of 14 and left school at 16. Soon after I became a voluntary youth worker. In my early 20,s I was employed by Peterborough city council as a community development officer. I worked 15 years full time for Peterborough city council and 5 years full time for Cross Keys Home before I was medically retired on the grounds of ill health.
During my working life I had many interests including working with young people for over 30 years. In 2018, Her Majesty the Queen awarded me a British Empire Medal (BEM) for my life changing - society impacting work with thousands of young people on a city-wade areas of Peterborough city.
I was actively involved in UNISON trade union and I also enjoyed writing and in last 10 years, I have written ten books - this is my eleventh, the smallest and probably last book.
All proceeds raised from sale of my books were donated to a British charity, linked to a health trust in the town of Islamgarh in district Mirpur, Azad Kashmir, Pakistan.
If you are interested in purchasing any of these books please contact me on email@example.com